County Assembly Kirinyaga
The County Assembly is established pursuant to Article 176 of the Constitution.
The County Assembly of Kirinyaga comprises of thirty two members; Twenty elected from each of the
twenty wards, seven specially elected women nominated to meet the two third gender rule, two
members- a man and a woman specially elected to represent persons with disability, two members – a
man and a woman specially elected to represent the marginalized in the county and the Speaker as an
Roles of the County Assembly
- Legislate for the county in accordance with Article 185 of the Constitution.
- Vet and approve nominee for appointment to county public offices.
- Approve the budget and expenditure of the county government in accordance with Article 207
of the Constitution.
- Approve the borrowing by county government in accordance with Articles 212 of the
- Approve County Development Plans.
- Perform any other role as may be set out in the Constitution